The SLAM Collaborative has an opening in our Denver office for a Project Architect with 5-10 years of experience. In this role you will work closely with project teams in a collaborative studio on varied projects with a focus on public education. Candidates for this position will be able to take direction, work independently, be a team player, gracefully handle changing and evolving directives, and have the ability to complete tasks accurately and within deadlines
The Project Architect performs routine architectural assignments under the supervision of one or more senior architects. The PA produces work from the designs of others, compiles data, performs design computations, and prepares architectural plans and renderings.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Continuously collaborate with P-I-C and/or internal team members;
- Develop and express concepts accurately and rapidly to meet deadlines;
- Attend client meetings in-house and at client sites;
- Support the needs of both internal and external clients;
- Maintain positive communications and work with colleagues and clients;
- May consult manufacturers and evaluate materials;
- May have responsibility for writing architectural specifications;
- Exhibit proficiency in Revit;
- Utilize excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work independently and as part of an effective team, while effectively and gracefully handling changing and evolving directives;
- Ability to work independently with proficient organizational and time management skills;
- Highly-motivated, good team player with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, collaborate with large multi-disciplinary teams, and work well under deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
5 – 10 years of relevant post-degree experience with hands-on project management and design/construction documentation of small to large education projects is required. Strong technical skills and acumen, team leadership, and client relations skills in the Public Education sector are also preferred.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
About SLAM: With 250+ employees in nine offices across the country, SLAM is a diverse, team-oriented group of professionals, specializing in architecture, interiors, landscape design, structural engineering, and construction services. We leverage the unique perspective of each professional (planner, designer, engineer, landscape architect, construction specialist) through an integrated practice approach that makes us uniquely qualified to take responsibility for projects from design through construction.
The SLAM Collaborative supports continuing education programs such as AXP, LEED Certification, and Architectural Registration.
SLAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply at email@example.com