Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the community through solutions that support the safe and efficient movement of goods, services and people.
- Assist in managing consultant’s designing transportation projects including but not limited to roadway design, bridge design, transportation planning, and environmental.
- Extensive scheduling experience for various types of projects.
- Assist in managing the consultant’s preparation of engineering reports, plans and specifications for major and minor projects.
- Assist in managing the consultant’s preparing and review of preliminary and final plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates, and make recommendations for additions, deletions and substitutions when modifications are necessary.
- Assist in contract bidding and administration if needed.
- Assist in supervising and observing the navigation of a design project through the client’s process including the coordination of the project with City, State and County officials and other outside agencies.
- Assist in coordinating projects with clients, contractors, consultants and firm staff.
- Assist in communicating and interacting with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project.
- Assist in resolving a variety of complex problems (e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Meet program and client’s goals and reporting metrics for projects.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Ability to learn Georgia Department of Transportation systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to learn standard operations, policies and procedures of a firm, preferably within the A/E industry.
- Attend training as needed and appropriate, to understand changing client and GS&P requirements.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computers, calculators, and copiers.
- Skill in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Skill in Primavera P6 project management software.
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks without immediate and constant supervision.
- Associate’s degree in Management or Technology field and 2 years of experience in the transportation industry required preferably in Georgia.
- May be required to have additional experience for some assignments.
- Transportation project experience is preferred, but not required.
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH’S hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon receipt.