Have you ever thought to yourself, “Self, wouldn’t it be great to work with dogs all day?”
Or maybe, “I’m not really looking forward to another office/retail/restaurant job, especially now. I want to MOVE and spend time outdoors!”
Do you have a heart of gold and a consistent nature? Do you live to see the wag of a tail? Do you realize that puppies literally make the world go 'round?
If so, you might make an awesome addition to our crew of dog walkers. We've been in business since 2005 and we have done over half a million dog walks.
We're looking for an employee with availability between the hours of 10AM and 4PM Monday through Friday. Many of the walkers in Philly are hired as “independent contractors” by technology corporations trying to cash in on the "gig economy." Not with us! When joining our crew, you become a valued employee (with job security, a consistent Monday-Friday schedule, Paid Time Off, workers comp coverage, etc) for a family-owned business, launched in South Philly. We’re looking for a dog lover who is active, loves walking, and is ready to win the hearts of our furry clients for weekday adventures.
We’re a three-time "Best of Philly" winning, family-owned company. We service the neighborhoods of Northern Liberties, Old City, Society Hill, Bella Vista, Queen Village, Pennsport, Passyunk Square, Washington Square, Graduate Hospital, Rittenhouse, Logan Square, and Chinatown.
Specifically, our current job opening is for the neighborhoods of Spring Garden/Chinatown OR Society Hill/Washington Square West.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be able to work Monday-Friday 10AM – 5PM. Most employees complete 8-10 dog walks each weekday. (Note: We are also hiring for a part time position between the hours of 11AM and 3PM Monday through Friday. Simply let us know on your application if you would prefer PT or FT.)
- Employees must be able to handle the physical requirements of the job. This includes 6-7 hours of walking during the week and getting to and from various client's homes.
- Access to reliable transportation. (Bike, motorcycle, scooter or car.) We have a tight service area, but Minders can expect a 2-5 minute commute between each home/walk. Walking between clients is not economical or practical.
- Willingness to complete a Pet First Aid & CPR class, participate in ongoing paid training, and paid monthly staff meetings. (We have optional Happy Hours & Book Clubs for our employees who want to get social too.)
- Be able to commit at least one year to this job. We are not looking for seasonal employees. Our clients love building relationships with our crew and so do we!
Qualifications and Skills
- Urban dog handling experience. Needless to say, we’re looking for dog fanatics.
- Stellar writing and verbal skills for communication with our clients. Let your writing skills shine on your application.
- The ability to work independently and maintain a field-based schedule. (Our scheduling app helps with that! Our employees can quickly view their upcoming schedule and all of the information they need about their clients right from their phones.)
- All employees must be vaccinated for Covid-19.
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for all of our employees (both Part Time and Full Time employees are eligible.) Go on a paid vacation!
- Do we need to mention dogs?
- Hired as an employee, not an Independent Contractor. We offer job stability and support. Our employees are a valued part of our business, not just contractors we hire to get walks done. Employees can expect paid ongoing training and optional employee social events.
- Consistent scheduling. If you have walked "on the apps" you've probably scrambled for walks or had them cancel at the last minute. Not with us. Walks are booked on an ongoing weekly basis so you have a paycheck you can rely on. We also have strict booking parameters and cancellation policies with our clients for employee financial wellbeing and stability.
Do you want to be a dog walker, but aren’t interested in the “gig economy?” Neither are we! We’re looking for candidates who want a stable career as a caregiver, supported by a trusted company that has been around for over 18 years.
There is a better way to walk dogs.
Powered by JazzHR