The Production Supervisor will be responsible for shift start-up, fulfillment of customer demands, and coordination of people and materials. This individual will supervise the production of all finished goods in keeping with the standards established regarding Safety, Quality and Cost.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and interpret daily manufacturing schedule.
- Understanding of food processing, food sanitation, food safety, worker safety and cost savings development.
- Ensure continual process improvement.
- Ensure the overall completion of the daily production schedule.
- Support the launching of all new products and process.
- Maintaining a standard of performance for the manufacturing group.
- Ability to communicate throughout the organization in written and verbal form.
- Strong understanding of food processing, food sanitation, food safety, worker safety, cost development or equivalent.
- Support new product initiatives through allocating adequate manufacturing resources to implement and support new products.
- Maintain and improve labor variances and yield goals.
- Review KRONOS punch detail reports and make corrections to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Monitor daily attendance records to ensure compliance with attendance policies.
- Must have good time management skills, give constructive feedback and able to drive accountability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Food Manufacturing equivalent.
- Proficiency in MS office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- The ability to take complex assignments and interpret them into working action items.
- Proven leadership skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to supervise direct reports through coaching and mentoring.Â
Other Desired Qualifications/Skills:
- Formal process improvement, leadership and execution with demonstration of success.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in production supervision within a food processing and packaging environment or equivalent.
Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use a computer
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with others and talk on the phone.
Must be able to write, type file, turn pages and use phone system
Â Working Conditions
Production plant environment with some business office.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.Â Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.