This Production Supervisor is accountable for meeting the daily goals and expectations specific to safety, quality and throughput within the Melting or Molding departments and related support areas.
- Employee safety and supporting all related safety programs.
- Housekeeping and environmental compliance.
- Overseeing skilled trades personnel, equipment reliability and the completion of work orders and PM’s.
- Supporting and driving continuous improvement systems such Lean and Five-S, product quality and the use of OPC/SPC to establish repeatable systems and reduce defective.
- Organize and schedule work to minimize production interruptions, meet department production objectives and to effectively schedule and supervise work.
- Application of company policies and practices, maintaining sound employee relations, and resolving employee complaints.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent required with additional higher education and training preferred.
- Must be available to work schedules as required, cross train as required, and be able to display proficiency in the technical aspects of the area assigned and/or successfully complete required tests.
- Must have a minimum of two years manufacturing experience, prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience in the Production Department is considered a plus.
Prospective candidates will be evaluated on adaptability, coaching, motivational fit, planning and organizing, work management, gaining commitment, initiative, contributing to team success, quality/attention to detail, communications (oral & written), safety awareness, technical strength and experience and potential for future advancement.
Culture & Environment:
Our environment is one that embraces new ideas and strives to make process improvements. You will be working for a leading manufacturing, dynamic and progressive organization in which every individual works towards a collective goal of growth, development in a team environment.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go. We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes match on 401k contributions and an employee stock ownership program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description