Lead the product and marketing strategy development and execution for a portfolio of products including Excitation Controls, Generator Controls and Regulation. Take an active role in the product development process. Lead efforts for forecasting, cost reductions, obsolescence and related technical issues that may affect our product lines. Be the key liaison between Marketing and other departments for repairs/returns, product holds and other quality issues. Participate in key technical, Customer or other meetings as needed.
- Lead the product strategy development and long-term product roadmap for assigned product lines.
- Manage the full product life-cycle for assigned product lines, including obsolescence.
- Provide technical direction for assigned product lines and work closely with application engineers to ensure customer needs are met.
- Develop product specifications and revisions, and work with Engineering on acceptance and scheduling.
- Develop and mentor product line team associates.
- Lead the forecasting efforts for assigned product lines.
- Create product promotional plans and direct marketing communications strategies for assigned product lines.
- Prepare and lead the development of the departmental budget as it relates to the assigned product lines.
- Develop a schedule for and implement regular cost reduction.
- Assist in maintaining and improving the EQS (excitation quote system).
- Be the key liaison between Marketing and other departments for repairs/returns, product holds and other quality issues. Make decisions or recommendations within his/her limits of authority.
- Assist with profitability reviews when needed.
- Assist in training members of the Marketing team and other new Employees as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in technical field.
- Five years’ experience in product line management.
- Extensive knowledge in assigned product area and/or markets.
- Understanding and previous experience with new product development launches.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Significant travel of up to 30% required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project preferred.