Shift Time: 5:00 pm-4:30 am Monday-Friday
The Production/Sanitation Team Lead is accountable for executing day-to-day operating activities of night shift manufacturing as well as the sanitation of the entire manufacturing facility. This supervisory position is responsible to ensure all bakery products are produced safely and efficiently while ensuring that all products produced meet or exceed customer specifications and expectations. This Team Lead is responsible to enforce all personnel safety, food safety and Quality Standard Operating Procedures. Working Leads for both Bakery and Sanitation report directly to the Team Lead, along with all other night shift associates. The Toppings Line must be sanitized nightly and the Bakery is sanitized at the end of production weekly and usually covers 2 days.
Job duties and responsibilities
Bakery and Sanitation
- Promotes Donatos Values and culture through people skills and ensures that associates treat others within these same values.
- Works to resolve staffing issues.
- Directs Working Team Lead in daily activities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Supervises, trains, and motivates associates to meet production schedules and comply with (JDF’s (Jane’s Dough Foods) quality, safety, production, and cleanliness standards.
- Provides effective daily supervision on an assigned shift, managing up to 2 Working Leads, and 20 Production Associates and Operators who may perform both operations and sanitation duties.
- Cooperates with other leadership, Maintenance Supervisor, and Maintenance Technicians to assure consistency in direction and day to day activities as well as to resolve issues as they arise.
- Provides effective written documentation on logs, production summaries, injury reports, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean, and organized.
- Provides timely and effective communication of operational information to all levels of employees through one on one, small group and department meetings.
- Implements continuous improvement changes in all areas including safety and quality improvements, cost reduction and employee satisfaction.
- Learns and operates various production computer programs and assists other employees in the training and operation of the same computer programs.
- Provides coverage for other supervisors or managers as needed or required.
- Provides effective daily sanitation supervision on an assigned shift.
- Ensures that the entire plant meets cleaning and food safety standards.
- Supervises and trains hourly employees on the importance of proper chemical handling.
- Supervises and trains hourly employees on the operation of all cleaning equipment.
- Purchases or arranges purchase of sanitation equipment
- Works with outside vendors for chemicals and equipment
Education -Basic math, English, and computer skills
- Able to stand and walk on concrete for up to 12 hours.
- Able to lift 35 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and ramps.
- Able to work in temperatures ranging from 30 degrees to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit for an extended period.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks for up to 12 hours with constant hand and wrist movement.
- 2 – 3 years previous leadership experience required.
- Previous sanitation experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of chemicals and chemical handling required.
- Previous multitasking ability required.
- Previous training presentation preferred.
- Previous fast paced, team-oriented manufacturing required.
Donatos is just as dedicated to our Associates as we are to our guests. After all, delivering the best food and service starts with attracting (and keeping) the very best team members.
Whether you’re looking for your first job or want to advance your career, you’ll love being part of a work environment that’s not just rewarding and fun, but supportive too. We’re committed to hiring associates who we feel will be a great fit with the Donatos family – and then empowering them to become leaders who bring out the full potential of everyone around them.