Ready for a career change?? Good mechanical skills? Work well with your hands?? Apply Now!
Deutsche Precision is a growing!! We are looking to fill 9 new machine operator positions!! Looking for ALL THREE SHIFTS!!
Role Summary/Purpose: Operates one or more previously set up Hydromat machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanism to perform series of machining operations on metal bar stock. Reads dimensional drawings or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and number of work pieces to be machined.
1st Shift Hours: 6:00 am - 2:30 pm. 2nd Shift Hours: 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. 3rd Shift Hours: 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m. IMMEDIATE HIRE!!!!
Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment. Must be able to work safely, recognize and mitigate any unsafe condition.
Essential Job Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines machine to become familiar with tooling setup.
- Loads stock into bar feeder.
- Verifies conformance of work pieces to specifications, using preset gauges, micrometers and dial indicators
- Document hourly inspections for conforming production of product.
- Presets and changes cutting tools and tool holders to maintain production requirements.
- Adjusts machine controls and changes tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine and engages feed.
- Observes Lubricants and Coolants to ensure they meet specifications as defined in machine manual.
- Empties machine chip carts.
- Analyze and diagnose machine and tooling problems and take corrective measures to minimize downtime and interruption of schedules
- Achieve highest safety levels in the plant
- Employ 5S to all functions within the plant
- Mentor and motivate team in safety, quality and productivity improvements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. High school diploma is required. Trade school or machine vocational training is a plus, prior machine operation experience required.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand/stationary position; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, operate, activate, use, ascend/descend, move, communicate, detect, determine, identify, transport, position, install and remove. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly working near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.