Are you passionate about books and connecting books with readers? HarperCollins has an exciting opportunity for a Telesales Representative to join our Independent Retail Sales Team!
The Telesales Rep will lead the day-to-day relationships with the independent bookstores in their assigned territory and will sell all frontlist and backlist titles across the HarperCollins Adult and Children’s lists. This position is our indie accounts’ primary point of contact for all things HarperCollins, and will forge relationships based on trust, open and timely communication, and a strong knowledge of our lists and processes.
Hybrid (Moosic, PA) or remote location status will be considered.
- Manages the day-to-day relationship with the independent bookstores in the assigned territory.
- Helps to establish a relationship with new and expanding accounts.
- Sells frontlist and backlist titles to independent bookstores in the assigned territory.
- Assists in cooperative advertising and setting up author appearances.
- Develops and maintains strong partnership relationships with account base.
- Keeps manager, sales colleagues, and publishers informed on what is working in assigned accounts.
- Develops account-specific promotional and marketing plans to support publisher programs and priority titles.
- Attends and participates in meetings and shares ideas and opportunities to grow the business. Meeting attendance will be both virtual and in person.
- Minimum of 2 years prior retail, sales, or customer service experience; bookstore or publishing experience is a plus
- Ability to take initiative on projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong follow-up skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Edelweiss a plus
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.