PRODUCT INSIGHTS MANAGER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This role is part of the Product Pricing & Insights team responsible for overseeing pricing strategy, building financial models, providing analytics-driven recommendations, controlling performance of existing portfolio and developing data architecture solutions. The Product Insights Manager applies knowledge of query language (SAS, SQL, etc.), data consolidation/modeling (Excel, Access), and visualization (PowerPoint, Tableau, PowerBI) tools to support product initiatives, execute key processes and drive enhancements. The PIM works closely with partners and senior team members to define and execute processes tied to key initiatives. The PIM will leverage business objectives and system data to support the business and drive change. The PIM will support, and often lead building of models and queries. Responsible for asking questions and developing robust solutions. Ability to automate and productionalize queries required. Query education and experience required. Ability to manage projects including responsibility for organizing deliverables, communicating to partners, testing, design and execution required. Strong communication a must to deliver complex concepts in direct and actionable manner to all levels of leadership. Interpersonal skills to work effectively across teams in various business areas.
Marketing Product and Digital Division
As a member of our Marketing, Product and Digital team, you will have an exceptional opportunity to help grow your career while driving change across many facets of the business. The team is passionately focused on building our brand, supporting banking products and finding innovative ways to engage and retain clients.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Financial & Data Modeling: Build robust models to inform new product and pricing strategies for various deposit, lending, and card products.
* Portfolio Management: Create and manage automated analytics to support product reviews and simplify end-user data access.
* Data Architecture: Drive projects to enhance data structures as related to product management and execution.
* Solutions: Conduct research and develop automated analytics to resolve internal/external product and portfolio requests including audits, OCC and other regulatory items.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in business or STEM field.
* Minimum 5 years experience with data querying, validating, analyzing, interpreting and reporting
* Minimum 4 years experience as a Business Analyst, IT Project Manager or Systems Operations Manager
* Minimum 4 years experience with MS Excel, MS Access and SQL or other standard query language
* Minimum 3 years experience with Toad for Oracle, Tableau or PowerBI
* Minimum 2 years experience in Financial Services, preferably in a sales, operations or strategy area
Skills and Knowledge
* Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills.
* Project management experience with ability to concurrently manage multiple projects and timeframes is necessary.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, necessary to prepare comprehensive analysis, make presentations and communicate to all levels of bank management including executive leadership.
* Strong communication skills with ability to work and collaborate across teams. Proven experience in demonstrating initiative in creating and maintaining positive relationships with multiple levels of leadership.
* Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access are essential.
* Prior hands-on experience in using BRIO, Business Objects, Tableau, PowerBI, or other similar querying and visualization tools are essential.
* Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
* Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to ensure that processes are integrated to support expected customer service levels. Acts as business partner by managing expectations and providing guidance and advice regarding assigned product.
* It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
* All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National’s PRIDE statement.
Starting base salary: $87,027 - $138,965 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Source : City National Bank