Piping Engineer P&ID / Process Engineer
Join a quickly growing alternative energy provider today. Apply Now!
Location: Santa Ana, CA
We are a world leader in deployment of retail hydrogen refueling stations. We are a California-based company established in 2013 to provide safe, reliable, retail hydrogen to customers of fuel cell electric vehicles.
We have a great opportunity for a talented Process Engineer to take on this challenging position. The right candidate will utilize their experience to support the deployment of current technology, improvement of deployed technology and aid in the design of future systems. This role is responsible for providing the technical engineer and cost information to maintain construction work meets all engineering standards.
This position offers:
- Process design cryogenics and high-pressure gaseous hydrogen systems.
- Dynamic Process flow of cryogenic and high-pressure hydrogen to support refueling of hydrogen vehicles.
- Design piping and components based on computer modeling software.
- Develop the control scheme for the process.
- Fully understand delivered OEM equipment to support the company’ s ongoing operations and design improvement.
- Work with team to develop and implement the best P&ID(s) and PFD(s).
- Develop modeling validation plan and procedures.
- Selection of appropriate instrumentation to support design.
- Improve our station reliability.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc.
- Research and recommend resolutions to problems, conflicts, interference, and errors, to verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawing and specifications.
- Analyze data to support ongoing improvements.
- Assist in representing company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Process design utilizing computer modeling with software such as COMSOL, WinSim, ASPEN or similar
- 7 + years in Process Design:
o Process flow design
o P&ID, PFD piping, valving design
o Instrumentation selection
o Understanding flow and pipe sizing
o Understanding of thermal effects on design
o Process flow software
o High pressure gas
o Cryogenic fluids
Source : Mattson Resources