Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling and recycling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We work alongside our customers to provide innovative solutions to the aerospace, beverage can, automotive and high-end specialty markets.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Novelis has approximately 14,650 employees in 33 operating facilities on four continents and is investing close to $1.5 billion in global rolling and recycling expansions to meet the growing demand for our premium product.
The Novelis Greensboro, GA team is seeking a Process Engineer. The person in this role will use their knowledge of project management to plan and implement key capital projects, drive technology improvements, and provide engineering solutions that deliver efficiency and improve operations within the site. This position requires an individual with excellent technical ability, a passion for new technology and excellent communication skills.Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Work safely, in compliance with all corporate, plant, local, state and federal safety rules and regulations, and staying on top of current policies, procedures, ensuring outside vendors/contractors align with the same. Investigate, develop and provide recommended solutions for any safety issues related to plant equipment requiring field or project engineering as assigned.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, implementing capital projects according to deadlines and within budget. This includes accruing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Direct and lead project development from beginning to end, being responsible for quality control throughout the project implementation cycle.
- Define project scope, goals and work that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and customers.
- Provide quality and timely field engineering technical support, communication and advice to managers and operating personal concerning the design, maintenance of equipment, and procurement of critical spare parts, in conjunction with assigned projects or a as part of process improvement tasks.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
- Optimally communicate project expectations to team members, contractors and customers in timely and clear fashion.
- Build effective partnerships with plant personal through the implementation of capital project
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field is required.
- 5+ years of industrial experience, including planning, specification, and implementation of engineering design projects.
- Strong technical and process leadership skills are required in this position, with ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong decision making and problem-solving skills including the ability to tackle problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
- Must be able to overcome obstacles and find reasonable resolutions to situations on a case-by-case basis as encountered.
- Must have the ability and confidence to make decisions relating to role’s accountabilities
- Must exercise discretion when determining if direction from manager is needed.
- Willingness to travel for training and meetings as needed.
- Solid understanding of aluminum processes.
What We Offer:
Novelis benefits say a lot about how we care for each other. Our employees and their families have many different needs. As a result, our benefits offer choices on many levels and are high in quality, competitive in the marketplace, and affordable. These are a few of the benefits we offer to support you and your family’s well-being:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings accounts – Company Funded Health Savings Account (HSA) and Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Company-paid basic life insurance and Additional voluntary life coverage
- Paid vacation and competitive personal time off
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Retirement savings plans – medical and prescription drug coverage through private exchange
- Employee assistance programs – available 24/7 to you and your family
- Wellness and Work Life Support - career development and educational assistance
Novelis’ Greensboro facility is located in Greensboro Georgia. With 140 employees it is the first stand-alone used beverage can recycling facility in the company now responsible for pioneering a majority of Novelis’ recycling technologies. Residents enjoy nearby Lake Oconee which includes a number of golf communities. In addition Athens Georgia – home to the University of Georgia and hundreds of cultural and sporting events each year – is a short drive away. Novelis Greensboro actively promotes safety recycling and STEM education through several local community organizations and in 2018 the Boys and Girls Club named Novelis its Business Partner of the Year.
Novelis recognizes its dedicated and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training, are without regard to citizenship, race, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, ancestry, disability, age, creed, sex/pregnancy, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and record of offences.