Requisition ID: 72155
Job Function/Category: Operations
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
Consistent with our core commitment of safety, PSEG has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
You will work with various stakeholders within Appliance Service Business to help solve problems and answer questions. This position will require you to be open minded and have a willingness to learn new process, techniques, and tools. You will also support your peers and other ASB team members when needed to help balance priorities and continue to grow and learn. This position will be heavily driven by data and analysis. You will build advanced analytics solutions for, but not limited to, APSO and White Goods. You will build models, aggregations, visualizations, and recommends to support the operation. In addition to, you will be responsible to identify trends/patterns to help determine process deficiencies, help identify root causes, and isolate areas for improvement that would show immediate change. Develop customer segmentations and build customer profiles based on what’s been replaced or fixed. Develop, in depth, analytical studies to help strengthen processes.
- Help identify and solve business problems through undirected research and framing open-ended questions
- Understanding the data-analytic problem presented
- Extract small to large volumes of structured and unstructured data by querying structured data from relational databases using programming languages such as SQL, table extracts and pre-designed BW/BI report
- Identifying data sets and variables necessary to perform the analysis
- Securing access to the data and extracting the data in a logical and efficient manner
- Cleaning and validating the data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity
- Devising and applying models and algorithms to mine the data
- Using statistical techniques and machine learning tools to identify patterns, trends, forecasting
- Interpreting the data to discover solutions and opportunities
- Communicate predictions and findings to management through effective data visualizations and reports utilizing PowerBI
- Recommend cost-effective changes to existing procedures and strategies
Job Specific Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, certifications, or 4 years relevant working experience in a discipline with a strong mathematical and statistical focus such as Computer/Data Science, Big Data, Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering or equivalent degree, e.g. Data Analytics
- Demonstrated 4 years or more working experience with data mining techniques, wrangling, cleansing, and local restructuring techniques
- Demonstrated 4 years or more working experience with data extractions utilizing query languages such as SQL
- Demonstrated 4 years or more working experience analytical models with an emphasis on statistics
- Demonstrated 2 years or more experience programming in languages such as R, Python, VBA
- Statistical with Machine Learnin Natural Language Processing, Classification, Clustering, Ensemble methods, Deep Learning
- Experience with Python and various libraries such as: Scrapy, BeautifulSoup, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Keras, SciKit-Learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow, XGBoost, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, pydot, Flask, Folium, and various Python packages as well utilizing virtual environments and package installation
- Experience with IDEs such as Jupyter Notebook/Lab, VSCode, Python IDE, Sublime Text
- Applying machine learning techniques and algorithms such as Naive Bayes, Decision Forests and applying statistics skills such as distributions, statistical testing and regression
Minimum Years of Experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.