Our Vision is to be the best choice for healthcare in our community
This position is for a full-time Procedure/Surgery Coordinator in our Gastroenterology Department in Tampa. This position manages and coordinates the procedural process for the patients. The scheduled shift will be Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Previous experience as procedure coordinator, referral clerk, or surgery scheduler preferred. Medical Assistants or Medical Receptionists with referral clerk experience welcome to apply!
WHAT DOES FMC HAVE TO OFFER ITS EMPLOYEES?
We offer a wide choice of compensation and benefit programs that are among the best. From competitive salaries to retirement plans. We make every effort to take care of the people who make our company great.
- Gives you an employer that you will have pride in working for
- Provides excellent training programs and opportunities for growth
- Offers Medical Benefits including:
- Employer Contributions to HSA high deductible plan
- Discounts at our medical facilities
- Cigna Open Access OAPIN & OAP plans
- Supports Incentive based Wellness Programs
- Offers company sponsored Life Insurance with buy-up provisions
- Provides Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Accident & Illness policy options
- Supports Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Gives generous 401K plan with annual 3% Employer contribution after one year of employment
- Values and appreciates its employees
- Boasts a reputation for superior health care and quality service
Keys to Success in this Role: Previous experience scheduling procedures in a hospital or out patient setting preferred.
- Coordinates admissions with providers and facilities
- Manages and coordinates physician's surgery schedule
- Prepares referrals and obtains authorizations for Managed Care patients
- Verifies benefits and patient's financial responsibility
- Answers phones and assists callers
- Addresses and handles all tasks in a timely manner
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong team player
- 1 year of experience in a medical office setting preferred
- Procedure scheduling experience
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Normal physical ability; able to sit for long periods
- Normal concentration and normal complexity of decision making
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Above average ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Low risk exposure to bloodborne pathogens and chemical hazards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and make employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status