Our Ongoing Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe a workplace that encourages and values different voices, perspectives, and backgrounds builds better teams, better solutions, and more innovation. The goal is for every single team member to have a voice and experience a sense of belonging here, regardless of where they sit in the organization and what their background is. We look forward to your sharing your outstanding and unique talents and perspectives with us!
To thrive as a Pro Paint Specialist, you must be approachable, organized, and genuinely interested in helping our customers. Some basic computer skills are necessary to use our customer management software. An outgoing personality with a positive attitude will help you start up conversations with strangers and being a self-starter will be useful as well so you can jump in and help wherever you see a need. You don’t need to have any previous experience or knowledge in paint or sales. We’ll teach you everything you need to know, which makes this a perfect starting point to launch your career.
As our PPS or Pro Paint Specialist with Behr, you’ll be working in a Home Depot store as a sales specialist focusing on professional painting contractors and their unique needs. On your own and working with the Pro Desk staff, you’ll meet and form relationships with local pros who rely on Behr for excellent products and exceptional customer service. You will build relationships with pros in the store who may be there for paint but are more likely there for something else. When an outside rep sends a contractor to you for paint, you will roll out the red carpet by collaborating with them to get exactly the right products for their needs, mix the paint, collect any sundry paint tools they need and get them in and out of the store quickly so they can get back to work. You will make our professional customers feel like they had a paint store experience.
Here’s what we’re looking for from you:
· An outgoing personality. You’ll will support the Home Depot Pro Desk and introduce yourself to any contractors. Get to know them, their business, and their needs. You’ll maintain this relationship and follow up regarding their jobs and any future needs.
· Collaboration. You’ll work closely with Behr’s outside sales reps and take care of our customers when they come into the store, including pulling and tinting orders for pick up. You’ll also work closely with the Home Depot staff. We are all one team, so as their vendor you’ll be professional and helpful, working to maintain this mutually beneficial relationship.
· Basic computer skills. You’ll enter all your new leads and contacts into Salesforce, our customer relationship management tool. We can train you on this program, but all prior computer knowledge is a plus.
· Bilingual. You are not required to speak a second language, but many of our professional contractors do. If you have this knowledge, that’s definitely a bonus.
Here’s what we offer you:
· Competitive pay and bonus opportunities. Sell more gallons = more money!
· Accrue 15 paid days off the first year.
· 401(k) retirement plan with 4% match.
· Competitive health plans for individuals and families.
· Check out behr.com/careers to view a comprehensive list of our benefits and perks.
Founded in 1947, Behr Paint Company is one of the largest manufacturers of paints, primers, decorative finishes, stains, surface preparation, and application products for do-it-yourselfers and professionals in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, and Chile. The Santa Ana, Calif.-based company and maker of the BEHR®, KILZ®, WHIZZ®, and E&J® brands is dedicated to meeting the project needs of DIYers, professionals, architects, and designers with an unwavering commitment to quality, innovation, and value. At Behr Paint, we strive to have all team members bring their best selves and their unique perspectives every day.Shift 1 (United States of America)Full time
BEHR (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.