SI2 Technologies' (SI2) mission is to enable our country's warfighters to win by providing solutions to RF and survivability challenges. Since 2003, our organization has provided innovative, high-technology products to the defense marketplace. Our solutions enhance the warfighter's effectiveness while providing increased protection against current, new and emerging threats. Working with both Government agencies and prime contractors as well as universities and non-profits, we have built a team of smart, creative and energetic technical and business experts who are passionate about our mission. Our culture can be described as collegial and collaborative with a closely knit team. We live by a set of values that sets us apart from other companies. If these values are meaningful to you, we'd like to talk to you!
â€¢ TELL IT AS IT IS â€¢ INSTILL CONFIDENCE â€¢ POSITIVE ATTITUDE â€¢ TAKE OWNERSHIP â€¢ PROBLEM SOLVERS â€¢ COMPETITIVE SPIRIT â€¢
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a highly inventive and motivated candidates for a Printed Electronics Materials Senior Engineer position who can enhance SI2's existing printed electronics capabilities and develop new printed electronics materials and processes to maintain the Company's position as a leader in our industry. To be successful in this position, candidates must be innovative, enjoy learning and expanding their knowledge base, and thrive on solving difficult materials and process issues. In addition, good communication skills are key to determining customers' needs and creating solutions.
SI2 offers a dynamic, merit-based work environment where highly motivated employees excel and are urged to reach their full potential. Come join our success and grow with the strength of our fascinating new products. We are looking for the individual with confidence and the right stuff to join our team!
- Leverage SI2's capabilities in Direct Write materials and processing to provide enhanced capabilities in the manufacturing of printed electronics including new materials (e.g. nanotechnology, biologics) and processes (e.g. additive manufacturing, conventional printing techniques, roll-to-roll processing, hybrid approaches) that enable the design and manufacture of higher performance, lower cost electronic systems.
- Develop numerical material and process models to simulate the manufacturing approach and predict electronic system performance; Validate models via experimentation; Identify critical material and process indicators and establish control parameters; Improve efficiency and productivity of current printing processes.
- Develop new processes and materials working with suppliers and customers; Characterize new inks, surface treatments, substrates, and coatings; Define appropriate characterization protocol; Perform and analyze data for various materials characterization techniques including electron microscopy, gas chromatography, mass spectroscopy, etc.
- Identify leading edge ideas through literature searches, researching industry needs, and participating in conferences and workshops; Work individually and with SI2's team of engineers, management and subcontractors to develop competitive solutions for contract R&D proposals; Develop whitepapers, demonstrations, and proposals to identify, qualify and capture new contract R&D business; Identify customer requirements and define solutions for customers that achieve overall Company goals and objectives.
- Lead other SI2 team members by prioritizing efforts and activities; Take opportunities to mentor junior engineers and scientists to improve SI2's overall capabilities and skillsets.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge through professional development activities and participation in professional organizations and societies. Enhance Company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
A successful Printed Electronics Materials Senior Engineer will provide the following key deliverables:
- Develop Emerging (Tier 3) Products- Increase the Company's Direct Write printing capabilities by maturing developmental materials and processes and developing Tier 3 Emerging Products.
- Grow Company Backlog - Working with Company Business Development team and new and existing customers and partners, identify new and emerging customer needs, develop printed material and process solutions for them and create winning proposals to fund the solution.
- Mature Current (Tier 1/2) Products - Optimize the materials, design, manufacturing and testing processes, and documentation to mature the Tier 1/2 Current Products to increase yield and reduce cost
- Support Company Objectives - Provide technical support to product development, production and strategic planning activities as requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The highly qualified candidate will possess the following skills and proficiencies:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- M.S. degree with 7+ years' experience in Materials Science and Engineering or a related technical field is required; Ability to perform the function of a Principal Investigator for Government contracts.
- Proven track record with printed electronics materials and processes, preferably digital printing technology such as inkjet; Hands-on experience with nanoparticulate materials, solutions and inks, and thick film materials and processes; Conformal, flexible and/or roll to roll electronics processing skills is preferred; Experience with RF and microwave materials is a plus.
- Experience developing numerical models and simulations of material processes using MATLAB and/or similar computational tools; Skilled at developing and implementing Design of Experiments (DoE); Working knowledge of various materials analysis techniques; Proficient at analyzing test results and relating them to process models.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal); Demonstrated writing skills with a track record of published papers, patent applications and proposal submissions; Presentation skills with a track record of conference and workshop proceedings.
- A team-player who excels in a dynamic multi-tasking, small business environment.
- Ability to travel, as required, to prospective and existing partner, subcontractor and customer facilities.
- Previous product development experience a plus.