All levels available for this globally admired medical device company.
Work from Irvine on NPI, Technical Transfer and Manufacturing Engineering projects for Class II and Class III Medical Devices! Highly visible role with growth opportunities.
The Principal Engineer will direct and coordinate activities of one or more engineering programs in support of product Lifecycle activities and facilitate the transfer of products from NPI to LCM. Manages and works on problems of diverse scope. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Directs and coordinates engineering activities through subordinate engineers and technicians to attain business goals consistent with cost, high quality, reliability and delivery requirements. Interacts with other functions within Supply Chain, R&D, Commercial, Quality and Regulatory across the organization to improve existing processes for new and mature products. Furthermore, additional responsibilities include deciding on design and process changes to meet revised specifications, providing and developing solutions to problems of limited scope, and may provide technical guidance to lower-level personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives assignments related to Life Cycle Engineering projects plans and transfers.
- Establishes operational goals and objectives to meet corporate goals and strategies.
- Prepares project schedules and coordinates engineering activities to ensure output meets specifications as well as corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintains liaison with individuals and project leaders within or outside his/her organization, with responsibility for acting independently on technical or business matters pertaining to his/her field.
- Reviews and approves changes to documentation.
- Practices company safety and quality policies and procedures; actively requires conformance.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization' s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Supervision and guidance related largely to overall requirements, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
- Will be required to offer suggestions for and may implement improvements in operating time, yields, ergonomics, handling, etc.
- Technically supervise or coordinate the work of engineers, draftspersons, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Responsible for performing design reviews and pre-validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound start-up of new processes, communicating business related issues or opportunities to upper-level management.
- Ensure subordinates follow all company guidelines related to health, safety and environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
- Responsible for the purchase or design of equipment that meets health, safety and environmental standards set by the company.
- Performs other duties assigned as needed.
- A BS/BA degree in relevant engineering discipline required; higher education is a plus
- 8 or more years of related experience is required
- Experience in the medical device or highly regulated industry is required
- Proven experience in Supply Chain related role is highly preferred.
- Experience in leading teams (both direct and indirect) is required.
- Experience in establishing new processes and production capabilities is preferred.
- Must possess a clear mastery of theoretical and practical fundamentals and experimental engineering techniques (DOE) is required
- Prior experience managing and leading projects is required.
- Knowledge of MS Project or related tools is required
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Creative & critical problem-solving skills, customer focus (internal & external), ability to adapt to meet constantly evolving priorities, and sound reasoning skills are required.
- A demonstrated ability to work in team environment with focus on internal and external relationship development is required.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to present complex information is required.
- Able to prioritize requests and propose effective alternatives when necessary is required.
- Knowledge in project management tools and processes and able to use these in broad range of business settings is required.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, international and domestic, is required
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.