At Liaison, we’ve helped higher ed institutions build better, more diverse classes for three decades. You may recognize us as the company behind the Centralized Application Service (CAS), Enrollment Marketing services and platform (EMP), SlideRoom, Time2Track, TargetX (CRM) and Othot.
Everything we do is focused on taking that proven success and expanding its scope and scale. Over 31,000 programs on more than 1,000 campuses see us as a forward-thinking partner integral to meeting their total enrollment goals — and we’re building the data- and mission-driven team that will reinforce our role for decades to come.
As a core member of the Software Development team, the Principal Software Engineer is a full stack senior developer with experience leading a scrum team. This experienced developer will have primarily responsible for leading a scrum team in the design and development of software solutions to build and optimize highly scalable, web based multitenant applications used by national educational associations and institutions of higher learning including numerous colleges and universities.
- Provide hands on guidance and mentorship to a team of front-end and back-end developers.
- Enjoy coaching, mentoring and guiding peer developers and QA engineers and working collaboratively with product and program managers.
- Design and develop enterprise grade, high volume web applications platforms and state of the art technical solutions leveraging Java and JEE platform technologies.
- Participate in design discussions and solution design sessions with product management and software development teams to shape new product features and platform capabilities.
- Develop and support REST APIs and business logic using Java, Spring, Hibernate and SQL Server.
- Contribute to evaluation, prototyping and selection of software solutions that will improve our technology infrastructure.
- Make recommendations to enhance performance and scalability of our flagship products.
- Develop unit tests and API integration tests to maximize code coverage in accordance with the software test pyramid.
- Apply Test Driven Development practices and software quality measurement tools to the improve quality of delivered software.
- Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence in the engineering organization.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or an IT related discipline, or its equivalent plus 3 years of related experience. Alternatively, will accept a bachelor’s degree plus 6 years related experience, in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Very high proficiency with server-side Enterprise Java, Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
- Experience with at least 2 to 3 project implementations in one or more Spring framework modules: Spring MVC, Spring Security, and Spring Integration frameworks.
- Experience in developing RESTful API and Web Services.
- High proficiency with Agile software development methodology and at least 2 years of experience serving as team leader of a scrum team.
- Experience working with in office, remote and offshore development teams
- Strong working knowledge of Git and GitHub code management tools
- Experience working collaboratively with DevOps to setup and monitor CI/CD pipelines using automated software build tools like Jenkins
- Solid understanding of enterprise software development design patterns and anti
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and no‐SQL databases, such as Mongo DB.
- Experience from Test Driven Development.
- Ability to work well independently, multitask and handle change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.