- Develop and maintain software features on current and future products.
- Responsible for the development of the networking related features of the FortiSwitch product line.
- Hands on in bug fixing current products.
- Implement software features of high quality and on schedule.
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Experience in implementing L3 features such as VXLAN, BGP, BGP-EVPN RIP, OSPF, IS-IS.
- Familiarity with L2 features such as STP, RSTP, LACP, QOS
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, switching and routing
- Solid understanding of workings of switching ASICs in an Ethernet switch/router.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Networking related embedded software development.
- Strong C/C++ experience in Unix/Linux environment is essential.
- Experience with ARM, PPC and x86 architectures in a multi process/thread programming environment
- Familiar with system installations, configurations, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of scripting languages: Shell and Python
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies as well as software development fundamentals.
- Experience with firewalls is a plus
- Experience with Linux kernel and driver development is plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; M.S. preferred.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 500,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our company, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Source : Fortinet Technologies (Canada) ULC