Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Studio Software Engineer, you will be a key contributor to the evolution of Roblox Studio as a world-class IDE. Roblox Studio facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables collaborative script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository that serves a global audience. You will help Roblox Studio break new grounds for the gaming industry and software engineering
- Experienced, 8+ years in developing and deploying complex software for massive cloud-based systems, with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading and networking. Experience with QT/QML, MFC or other UI frameworks for desktop applications is a plus
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about solving complex problems that are not solved easily
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through self directed initiatives.
- Design and execute on the architecture and technical direction of multi-quarter features that will be the future of our application
- Work cross functionally, across teams and technology platforms
- Mentor team members with team initiatives and advocates with stakeholders to move projects forward.
- Design, develop, and implement technological practices, patterns, and strategies
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.