Principal Software Engineer (Platform)BOSTON, USA /
ENGINEERING (SOFTWARE) /
Summary:Join VideaHealth as an early key member of our software engineering team to develop secure, scalable and reliable SaaS systems. In this role you will have the opportunity to build foundational systems, have meaningful influence on the evolution of the technology while helping us achieve our goal of improving the dental health of millions of people.
About the position:We are now looking for a Principal software engineer for the Videa platform. This role will focus on creating platform services to enable our expanding array of industry revolutionizing application and machine-learning capabilities.
About us: VideaHealthis a venture-backedstartup developing artificial intelligencetoautomatically detect diseasesin dental x-ray imaging. Spun out of MIT in 2018, our prior research has shown that dentists miss up to 50% of dental diseases.VideaHealthhelps dentists detect these conditions and effectively communicate treatment recommendations to patients. Our productincreases revenue for dentists and has the potential to reduce health risks for over 210 million patients every year in the US alone.We have a strong core team and advisors, are backed byworld-renowned VCs and angel-investors, and our work has beenfeatured at MIT and theWall Street Journal. We have great momentum and are now looking for ambitious talent to join our team!
CONTRIBUTE TO CULTURE
- Build strong relationships by being a collaborative and dependable teammate across the software and machine learning teams as well as other key organizational stakeholder.
- Create value by working on the most critical efforts at Videa.
- Champion pragmatism and help the organization on its quest to constantly improve.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently by understanding your audience.
CONTRIBUTE TO VALUE CREATION
- Collaborate with teammates to design, build, automate testing of and support REST services at the application, identity, data pipeline/storage and machine learning layers.
- Scale data ingestion and processing pipeline for high throughput – ingress of over a million x-ray images per day!
- Extend existing Data Lake capabilities to store and query petabytes of binary and textual data and the associated metadata, systematically arranged in S3, RDBMS, and NoSQL databases.
- Enhance platform for efficient data extraction for model training.
- Invent the future of deploying versioned machine learning models at scale.
- Advance our platform’s deployment automation capabilities.
- Enable platform to agilely support complex interactions with our customers’ and partners’ technology.
WHAT WE NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with a keen interest in all things distributed.
- At least 8 years of experience building complex (secure, reliable, distributed and scalable) SaaS systems on AWS, Azure or GCP
- At least 4 years of experienceNode.jsor Python backend services.
- Hands-on experience in building well-crafted APIs that make the front-end developers smile!
- Experience with complex SQL/NoSQL database designs. Well-versed with schema normalizations and query optimization.
- A passion to utilize your skills to improve the world by positively impacting people's health!
WHAT WE WOULD LOVE
- Experience in implementing workflows, e.g., Apache Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Experience working in a Docker-first environment with Kubernetes or AWS-ECS
- Exposure to building front end code in React or Angular
- Experience with Identity-as-a-Service providers (Auth0, OKTA, AWS Cognito, etc.)E
- Experience with automated deployment tooling (CDK, Terraform, etc.)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fast paced and collaborative work culture in which you can gain experience, grow your technical skills and work on a wide variety of challenges over your time with us
- A team led by a VP of Engineering who spent the first half of his career as an engineer who understands what engineers need to thrive and whose mission is for Videa to be the best team you'll ever join.
- Competitive pay and equity.
- Agile organization where being senior translates to being a mentor and role model for others. We lead by example.
- Technical challenges on the leading edge of innovation where software and machine learning
Please reach out to us if this role sounds like it would suite you. We hope you'll consider joining the Videa team.
Candidates only, no recruiters please. Eligible candidates will be authorized to work full time in the United States.
Source : Boston Human Capital Partners, Inc.