WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches "play smart" in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes' health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
Catapult is looking for a technical leader who has a demonstrated track record of architecture excellence, hands-on experience and leading cross functional technical initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As a core member of a new technology platform that is being incubated. Develop Domain Microservices for Consumer wearable products
- Technical lead for the Platform Engineering team helping architect, design software
- Architect and Design consumer micro services for scale.
- Design Data access components for scale working with Data engineering teams, while responsible for service data components.
- Help develop and maintain effective devops
- Mentor the team of engineers to develop the best software.
- Introduce, maintain technology frameworks
- Work with other team members to create design and use case documents for the product and services
- Work with the Customer Support and Quality Engineering teams regarding customer and product issues as well as functional and feature testing
- Adhere to standard processes for agile development, new feature implementation, defect processing, source code control, and unit testing
- Provide technical support to product management, product marketing, services and business consulting
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 10+ years of software development experience and Previous experience as Technical lead
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong programming experience with Java, Spring Boot/Micronaut
- Experience developing microservices or RESTful API services.
- Understanding of Devops, cloud deployment using AWS or Azure is required.
- Understanding of developing progressive web apps using React/Angular
- Experience developing end-end application workflows and previous experience developing full stack
- Understanding of strong database and data persistence design strategies
- Demonstrated ability at implementing new software features with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills
- English fluency (written and verbal) required
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Working collaboratively in an entrepreneurial team environment
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you're interested in sports or not, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.