Due to the nature of the work performed, only US Citizens will be considered who are able to obtain TS/SCI clearance
This position will be a combination of telework and in-office work with the specifics being determined with the manager and selected candidate.
Our client is seeking a Principle Software Engineer, this role is a critical position in helping to develop cyber operations and cyber security solutions for our Department of Defense clients. This position will serve as the technical expert/lead on development projects using both commercial, open source, and custom technology. This position will be a combination of telework and in-office work with the specifics being determined with the manager and selected candidate. When in-office candidate will report to Client's Corporate location in Dulles, VA.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems.
- Serve as technical expert/lead on development projects.
- Lead code reviews; open-source code bases.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Mentor & coach junior developers and work collaboratively in a cross-functional software development team.
- Expert-level programmer/developer
- Bachelors or master's in computer science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering; or similar related technical degree
- Must live (or relocate) within 4hours driving distance to Dulles VA
- 10+ years of related experience
- U.S. Citizen, ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Hands-on experience with:
- Python; Java (J2SE, Java SE, J2EE, Java EE)
- Kubernetes; Docker; other container solutions
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Messaging and data streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka
- Data transformation and mediation technologies such as Apache NiFi
- GIT; SVN; CVS; other version control systems
- SQL and NoSQL database solutions
- C, C++ Programming; AI/ML Algorithms
- Secret Clearance or higher
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in cybersecurity
- Scrum Master Certification