Principal Software Engineer - Control Path
Principal Python Software Engineer. Nasuni is expanding scrum teams for the Nasuni Management Console (NMC). The NMC provides a single pane of glass for our global enterprise customers to manage Nasuni’s cloud file storage services. As a Principal Software Engineer, you would be a leader and mentor within a scrum team developing Python services and Django applications in a CentOS environment and using Amazon Simple Queue Service to communicate in a distributed system.
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, reviews and other work related to expanding Nasuni's Control Path functionality
- Develop and maintain Python libraries and services delivered to customers as part of our NAS appliance
- Improve and expand the Nasuni Management Console’s REST API
- Improve performance, scalability, and stability of various Python libraries
- Debug and fix bugs reported by customers, support, QA and development
- Work with Sustaining Engineering to address hard-to-resolve customer escalations
Required skills and experience we look for are...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 8 years of experience in software product development
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems
- Prior team leadership and mentoring experience as a Senior or Principal Engineer
Additional experience with the following is helpful for this Principal role.
- Django, including Django Rest Framework, or similar web frameworks
- Amazon SQS or other cloud services experience
With the world’s only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.