Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device.We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Principal Software Engineer- Compute Machine Management
As a software engineer in the Infra Compute organization you will create, support, and evolve the compute infrastructure at Roblox as we build out Roblox's Private Cloud.
The Infra Compute organization oversees:
- Container orchestration and cluster management
- Service-to-service communication and networking (including Service Mesh and the API Gateway)
- Scheduling, provisioning, and management of the growing Roblox machine fleet
Come help us create, support and evolve the infra that manages the millions of containers that serve hundreds of millions of requests per second.
- 8+years of industry experience
- Care deeply about production health and reliable, sustainable production systems
- Love for building and supporting networks, systems and large scale distributed infrastructure
- Customer, team, and quality oriented
- Like getting things done
- Design and implement the software that manages servers running in Roblox’s worldwide data centers.
- Automate the deployment of software: The operating system, software patches, orchestration software, and software upgrades.
- Play a leadership role in our Machine Management Team: the software lifecycle of provisioning new compute servers, managing continuously running software systems, and ensuring that they are up-to-date.
- Engineer and scale out the control plane services of Roblox data centers.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.