In 2017, the U.S. alone spent over $80 billion a year researching and treating cancer. Despite new developments and the progress being made:
- Treatment approaches are complex and vary widely
- We donâ€™t really know how treatments perform outside of clinical trials, in the real world
- Patients have a hard time understanding their disease and navigating their care
Outcomes4Me helps patients improve their outcomes while simultaneously accelerating the overall cycle of progress. Our app gives patients the ability to manage every aspect of their treatment and recovery. By partnering with national organizations and premier medical institutions, weâ€™re able to provide verified content and functionality that doctors can recommend and patients can trust.
Outcomes4Me is looking for a Principal / Senior Staff Engineer to take a hands-on leadership role on key projects within the engineering team. This position should expect to ramp up and adopt significant ownership responsibilities in the first few months. Outcomes4Me is expanding quickly and has tech lead opportunities on a number of new and existing projects.
What you'll work on:
- Providing technical and architectural leadership
- Leading teams of fellow engineers including mentorship of new teammates
- Delivering high-quality solutions and ensuring that best practices and sound engineering principles are applied in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to design, architect, and implement new products and features
- Leading all phases of the product development lifecycle (conception, design, build and scale)
- Driving your ideas and helping define and evolve the technical roadmap
- Contributing to all areas where software is needed: backend, frontend, back office, data warehousing, reporting, etc.
- Promoting teamwork, research cutting-edge technology, and create a work atmosphere that encourages continuous innovation
What we're looking for:
- 10 years of software engineering experience
- Deep knowledge of computer science, data structures, algorithms, and software design
- A strong communicator, capable of leading progress on a team through collaboration and influence
- Comfort with having technical, product, and business discussions
- An ability to give thoughtful feedback, nurturing a rigorous engineering environment, and providing context for team members to grow.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
Nice to have:
- Experience with Node/Typescript/React/React Native
- Experience with AWS
- Experience architecting performant large scale products and systems
You're a good fit if you're a:
- Confident leader
- Energetic spirit
- Insightful thinker
- Thoughtful do-gooder
- Caring human
What you'll find here:
- Purpose: If you gain strength from doing important work, you belong on our team.
- Challenge: Weâ€™re improving the lives of people who need us. We have big challenges ahead and the motivation to overcome them.
- Trust: Weâ€™re building a culture of independence. That means weâ€™re going to trust and support you in making the right decisions.
- Transparency: You need to see the whole picture if youâ€™re going to make an impact.
- Modernity: We took a vote, and Git narrowly beat out SVN and CVS. Yippee! (j/k)
This full-time role is based in Boston, MA. Learn more about us at Outcomes4Me.com.
We are committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, viewpoints, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better the products we build will be.
Outcomes4Me is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR