Job Title: Roadway Designer/Engineer
Location: Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Do you like the idea of living and working in the Colorado Mountains? Do you want to work for a thriving full-service engineering, consulting and surveying firm? Then we have a position for you! SGM is headquartered in Glenwood Springs, Colorado with additional offices in Gunnison, Aspen, Grand Junction, Salida, Meeker and Durango. As one of western Colorado’s largest engineering firms, SGM offers significant opportunities for professional development. SGM and its employees highly value the quality of life in western Colorado and the beautiful Rocky Mountains. SGM’s success is built upon strong, long-standing relationships with a solid base of municipal, special district, state and federal government, and private sector clients. SGM delivers responsive service and high-quality solutions in the areas of civil/site development, water and wastewater, water resources, transportation, structural, municipal, mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP), subsurface utility engineering (SUE), surveying, GIS and asset management.
Some great perks:
- Mountain living where you can ski, hike, bike, fish, camp, mountain bike, and don’t have to deal with the weekend traffic!
- SGM has been contributing engineering solutions to Colorado communities for several decades.
- SGM is a multidisciplinary engineering firm where they have varying disciplines under one roof – civil, structural, water resources and other engineering services
- Working for a company with a fabulous reputation and is committed to quality service and forming long term client relationships
- SGM is the largest full-service engineering, surveying and consulting firm based in western Colorado
Our Glenwood office is currently seeking a Roadway Engineer/Designer to join our Transportation Design Team. The Transportation Design Team specializes in all types of transportation design projects, typically for public sector clients.
The ideal candidate will proficiently complete or perform the following tasks:
- Design of streets, highways, intersections, roundabouts, shared-use trails and all related features
- Production of plan sheets for a typical roadway design project
- Quantity takeoffs
- Development of Specification and Estimate packages
- Use of design criteria and guidelines, such as:
- AASHTO Geometric Design of Highways and Streets
- CDOT Design Guide
- CDOT M & S Standards
- Municipal or County Design Standards
- Coordinate aspects of design with other technical staff (drainage, structural, survey, etc.)
- Review of design and analysis performed by others
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Attention to detail, ability to follow detailed instructions, and work independently
- Successful time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to work well with others
- Progressive experience in the design of freeways, interstate highways, interchanges, urban and rural roadways, and shared-use trails
- Roadway design project experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficiency (2 years minimum use) with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and the ability to learn and use new software
- Track record of steady progression of engineering skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
- Strong desire to live, work, and play in western Colorado
- Graduated from an accredited university with a bachelor or higher degree in civil engineering, transportation engineering or related field of study
- Familiarity with CDOT roadway standards and plan production
- Roadway design project experience using Geopak, or InRoads design software
- Colorado Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to obtain
Pay is $70K-80K depending on experience
Yes, we have more benefits!
401(K) with company match, Health, Vision & Dental Plans, Life & Supplemental Life Insurance, Short & Long-term Disability, Vacation & Holiday Pay, Cafeteria Plan – Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA, Transportation Benefits