We’re looking for a passionate, self-motivated Software Engineer- Big Data that has proven experience of developing innovative distributed cloud-based services that developers and customers love to use! The ideal candidate is a committed member of the team, focuses on what’s important, sees technical ambiguity as an opportunity rather than a challenge, has the communication skills and knowledge that make this individual an indispensable member of any software engineering organization.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Software Engineer- Big Data you’ll be responsible for the creation, management and operation of a diverse set of features, processes, paradigms and technologies that enable the creation of the Signify IoT Platform.
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you are a talented, driven individual, looking for an opportunity to work in the cutting-edge of the IoT industry and make a strong impact on the transformation of a global leading company, we want to talk to you about joining our team in Burlington MA !
What you’ll do
- You are responsible for the creation, management and operation of a diverse set of features, processes, paradigms and technologies that enable the creation of the Signify IoT Platform.
- You will focus on design and implementation of new features for the Signify IoT platform.
- You will contribute to technology selection and the creation of best practices that enable the IoT Platform engineering teams to build, debug, test, release, manage and secure the IoT Platform’s modern, microservices-based data infrastructure on the cloud.
- You will contribute to the definition of common frameworks and software libraries, in various programming languages, that support the creation of efficient, scalable and highly available microservice-based architectures.
- You will support with the diagnostics, troubleshooting and operation of the cloud-based IoT Platform system. You will identify areas for continuous improvement with a particular emphasis on quality, performance and security.
- You work closely with architects and technical product managers and other members of your team to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed, implemented and tested software solutions.
- You will work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software in an incremental manner.
- You are promoting the adoption of best-in-class software engineering practices, frameworks, and tools.
- International travel expected 10-20% of the time.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related Engineering is required, a Master’s degree is desirable
- Minimum of 8 years of proven, hands-on track-record as a software engineer, using big data and cloud technologies using agile practices.
- Proven experience of developing microservices and complex microservice-based platform architectures
Good understanding of distributed systems, designing for scalability, performance and availability
Experience of establishing non-functional best-practices and deploying supporting technologies for improving platform security and reliability (latency, availability, scalability)
Good knowledge of data persistence technologies including relational databases and no-SQL solutions is required
- Good conceptual and working knowledge of data lakes, data warehouses, Spark, Kafka/Kinesis and other data processing & analytics technologies
- Good knowledge of containers and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes) is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience of any cloud platform (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) along with CI/CD automation
- Excellent interpersonal and technical communication with peers, and non-peers alike, with a can-do attitude
What you’ll get in return…
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people – redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi – internet connectivity through light – and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
We’re operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.