- Develop and maintain software components on current and future products
- Hands on in bug fixing current products
- Implement software features of high quality and on schedule
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Networking related software development
- Strong C/C++ and Python experience in Unix/Linux in environment is essential
- Strong understanding of REST API semantics and their application in networking appliances
- Experience with JSON data objects and their creation and parsing semantics
- Experience with multi process/thread programming using Posix and System V
- Experience in using libcurl for formulating REST API calls
- Strong Linux kernel understanding and expertise in network packet drivers
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, firewalls, switching and routing
- Solid grasp of networking fundamentals, specifically TCP/IP networking, switching and routing
- Knowledge in packet flow theory, queueing and scheduling
- Knowledge of scripting languages: Shell, Ruby, Python a plus
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies as well as software development fundamentals
- Experience with firewalls and embedded systems is a plus
- Experience with Linux kernel and driver development (DPDK) is plus
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; M.S. preferred
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 500,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our company, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Source : Fortinet Technologies (Canada) ULC