DirectViz Solutions, LLC. is a high-level, strategic consulting services firm that meets mission IT needs for government clients. We are sourcing for a Principal Network/Systems Engineer for a new opportunity. The work location will be Carson, CA. This position requires an active Secret clearance.
Principal Network/System Engineer
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Plan, design, implement, operate, maintain and support all systems and servers required to support the SIPRNet infrastructure at the primary, back-up and remote sites. The contractor shall:
- Administer a server farm consisting of approximately 35 servers and other infrastructure devices
- Keep systems and servers properly secured per DISA STIG requirements (maintained currently at https://cyber.mil/stigs/ and patched for all known vulnerabilities (IAVM and CVE)
- Create, document, validate, implement, test and coordinate back-up and restoration procedures. Ensure when troubleshooting, to provide detailed instructions on troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Maintain STIG and vulnerability compliance on all SIPRNet systems and servers a Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) for all vulnerabilities that cannot be patched on time
- Create and maintain configuration documentation to provide to the Certification and Accreditation team to include all required diagrams, spreadsheets, and installation documentation to address all controls required in NIST SP 800.53 revision 4 or later, Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS),
- Operate the SIPRNet Domain Name Service (DNS) infrastructure and coordinate configuration with external agencies to ensure proper operation of DNS services. Create entries for all assets upon system standup or system change and maintain documentation on configuration
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA):
- Minimum 7 years of experience supporting a wide variety of enterprise infrastructure technologies and implementations, such as enterprise storage, virtual server implementations, SharePoint, data center consolidation and network planning.
- Thorough knowledge of information security and analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in a written form with users and office staff
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Ability to set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with those contacted during the course of the work day
- Be a positive, self-motivated, and proactive person with the ability to adapt to change and tolerate stressful situations
- Candidate must communicate effectively with team members, team lead, management, and government customer
- Must have the ability and desire to research and develop creative solutions to unique problems with minimal supervision
Minimum Training, Education, and Certifications:
- IAT Level III
- BS + Minimum 7 years of experience
Applicants may be required to show proof of a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to be eligible for employment at some work sites.
DirectViz Solutions, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.