The CFA Supply Entities Architect role is a senior role that combines some enterprise and solution architecture. In this role you will partner with our system owners to evaluate new products, existing products, and create roadmaps and strategies to match business needs with IT capabilities and systems.
This role will also partner with our agile DevOps teams to drive and deliver cloud architecture best practices and proof of concepts for innovation initiatives and projects from big data to business critical high transaction platforms required for manufacturing and distribution. The right person for this role is an ambitious activator who is comfortable leading efforts, influencing, collaborating, and continuously improving designs in an agile fashion.
About Chick-fil-A Supply and Bay Center Foods
As wholly owned subsidiaries of Chick-fil-A, Inc., Chick-fil-A Supply and Bay Center Foods are food production and distribution services networks focused entirely on serving the unique needs and growing volume of Chick-fil-A restaurants.
The Chick-fil-A Supply and Bay Center Foods service networks are comprised of three components:
- Distribution Center – State-of-the-art warehouses that house supply for Chick-fil-A restaurants
- Production Distribution Center – Offsite facilities that prepare select ingredients and menu items for Chick-fil-A restaurants
- Transportation – Growing fleet of delivery vehicles that supply Chick-fil-A restaurants
- Develop a thorough understanding of business needs and craft a technology vision for different functional areas of the business
- Partner with DevOps team to architect solutions in AWS using Kubernetes and other AWS services that balance cost, performance, and support
- Partner with operations team to architect and implement proof of concepts of technology that crosses on-premise and cloud computing such as AWS Outpost
- Partner with DevOps teams and business analysts to clearly document and communicate architecture
- Define and communicate technology strategies
- Partner with system owners and business analysts to evaluate new products, existing products, and create roadmaps and strategies to match business needs with IT capabilities and systems
- Identify & propose emerging software engineering technologies, methodologies and/or approaches
- 8+ years of related professional experience as a Senior Software Engineer and/or Architect
- Expert-level knowledge in design and programming using Java, Python, Go, and/or similar languages
- Broad experience designing and implemented solutions to complex problems in AWS.
- A deep understanding of security best practices in the cloud and experience implementing them
- Experience building roadmaps and visualizing architecture
- An insatiable desire to learn new technologies
- Experience designing and improving cloud operations capabilities specifically related to automating deployments, monitoring, alerting, and logging
Familiarity with SRE concepts
Experience with TDD, CI/CD, agile, or similar software development practices
Experience with Kubernetes
Experience mentoring engineers