TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- builtin's "Best Places To Work", 5 lists including: Austin Best Midsize Companies to Work For & SF Best Places to Work!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
We are looking for a technical guide and leader with vision in the Taskrabbit Managed Marketplace organization. You will be working with outstanding peers across the organization to influence and impact engineering roadmaps and architect a scalable system that impacts all of Taskrabbit.
Team Overview: - TaskRabbits Managed Marketplace organization is responsible for the development and delivery of product features and applications that build the core of our two-sided consumer marketplace. We are a collaborative, fast-moving engineering group, thriving in a diverse culture of rapid delivery, scale, and innovation. Our top priority is to ensure a great customer experience, exceptional quality, and highest availability as we release a constant flow of change across our products and infrastructure.
Role Overview: - You will work closely in a multi-functional team across engineering, design, data and product to architect a scalable marketplace that includes monitoring, auditing and change control enforcement. This position requires deep excellent technical skills and outstanding analytical and influencing skills paired with great business insight . You will architect and develop systems and components that deliver tangible value to both sides of the marketplace while ensuring that business objectives are met. You will partner closely with the Data teams to validate assumptions and productize solutions.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have the ability to influence at all levels, drive an engineering vision, be hands on, work across teams, create clarity from ambiguity, synthesize technical details quickly, create and execute on vision, and make valuable contributions through collaborating. You will possess a strong attention to detail, an engineering leadership approach, a reputation as someone who focuses on the customer, brings simplified solutions to complex problems in a technical environment, and does what they say they will do. You must be comfortable operating in a fluid, agile, and team-oriented environment.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Determines overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
- Designs solutions that are enterprise scalable and maintainable
- Drive strategic technology initiatives, working with Product Managers, other Architects, Engineers, SME's and the broader Taskrabbit organization
- Works in a consultative fashion to improve communication, collaboration and alignment among teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy
- Provides input into long-range product requirements, standard methodologies, and operational guidelines, with focus on continuous improvement of platform reliability and serviceability
- Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on innovative technologies and how they can be leveraged
- Ensures that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence
- Mastery in multiple programming languages and platforms(Java,Ruby,Python or similar)
- At least 15 years of software development experience
- Proven track record of delivering technical expertise in a variety of projects.
- Ability to independently design and deliver large complex projects
- Ability to work with other architects, principal architects, and Chief Technology Officers to shape the architectural vision and roadmap for the organization.
Who you are…
- Strategic leadership: Build a vision for the product and complete that vision, lead a team of engineers, product managers and program leads
- Partnering: Partner with leadership to identify, maintain and present insightful periodic summaries of key project updates to drive timely decision making.
- Influencer: Ability to influence, and work effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Organized: Ability to manage/juggle multiple priorities without loss of efficiency.
- Adaptable: Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Solid experience working cross functionally with architecting systems that truly scale in a distributed systems environment
- Prior experience in any of the following languages: Java, C++, C, C#, Ruby, Go, Scala, Python, Bash, Chef
In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems and concurrency
- Solid understanding of the Marketplace business model and its product development lifecycle and proven experience in building cloud solutions at scale(AWS,GCP or similar)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation. Looking for someone who is not afraid to “dig deep” and be hands on.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with engineering leaders, technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Familiar with two-sided consumer marketplace concepts
- Have built systems that combine multiple data points, like demand, supply, pricing, metro, search, ranking, matching and consumer behavior to establish a marketplace for exchange of goods and services.
- Has architected and built marketplace systems or products
- Experience with technologies such as CDN’s, Databases, DNS records, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Networking, subnets, VPC’s, S3 buckets, Security Groups, CI/CD experience with Jenkins
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 50% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.