We are seeking a Pricing Actuary, US Insurance to be based out of our New York, NY office. The primary functions of this position will to be pricing for casualty and construction lines, both primary and excess. There will be additional opportunities for the Actuary to get involved in a broad diversity of projects and to contribute more broadly to the company’s wider needs.
Main areas of Responsibility:
- Perform timely pricing for individual casualty accounts
- Maintain and update bimonthly price monitoring
- Work with underwriters on identifying pockets of opportunity and remediating underperforming segments.
- Work with underwriters on quantifying prior underwriting changes and on developing new strategies to help improve the portfolio.
- Build and maintain dashboards of key actuarial metrics (rate change, business mix, loss trends, etc.) and fulfil ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Build predictive models using both internal and external data to develop even greater insight into our business.
- Review, monitor, and enhance the raters / pricing models used throughout the company to provide up to date, precise and consistent indications across all lines of business.
- Price large accounts and work with underwriting teams on deals.
- Construct & maintain the data pipelines and data tables that provide us with an analytics edge.
- Stay abreast of emerging technology and trends to continually improve existing process and capabilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- FCAS or near FCAS preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of the different function in an insurance company
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of conventional actuarial techniques and standards of practice
- Self-motivated with proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficient in Excel and one or more programming languages (Python, R, SQL, DAX preferred)
- Strong preference towards someone who is a quick-learner, resourceful, open minded to new ideas, and adaptive to change
- Experience with US Construction strongly preferred.