The Prep Cook will prepare meal ingredients, simple dishes, condiments, and other items at a high volume as directed by senior culinary staff.
- Prepares food in a mass production kitchen.
- Prepares meal ingredients as directed by the head chef, senior chef, or other staff.
- Prepares fresh produce by peeling, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares meat by trimming, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares simple dishes such as breads or salads.
- Mixes or prepares condiments, dressings, and sauces.
- Maintains compliance with applicable health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
- Assists with unloading, inspection, and storage of raw ingredients and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years experience cooking and preparation
- High school or vocational school coursework in kitchen basics such as food safety, preferred.
- Prior related experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of standing and working in a kitchen.
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work evening shift.
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.
City Fresh Foods City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
City Fresh Foods serves a diverse population. Applicants who have a multicultural background and/or bilingual are encouraged to apply. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- A retirement employee-funded 401(K) plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Competitive Medical and Dental
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Other benefits and perks!