Prep Cooks perform various food preparation, cooking and cleaning tasks to ensure the kitchen remains efficient in creating and delivering dishes for patrons. Their duties and responsibilities include:
- Completing all tasks, in order, on the prep list from the Head Chef or other kitchen manager
- Labeling and stocking all ingredients on easily accessible shelves
- Washing, chopping and sorting ingredients like fruits, vegetables and meats
- Measuring quantities of seasonings and other cooking ingredients
- Parboiling food, reducing sauces and starting first steps in various dishes
- Cleaning dishes, washing cooking utensils and cookware, taking out the trash and sanitizing kitchen
- Adhering to all relevant nutrition and sanitary regulations and standards
- Keeping track of ingredient inventory and collaborating with other kitchen and management staff to order resupply
At Randy Peters Catering & Events, we know how to make your visions come true. Creating unforgettable experiences for you and your guests using fresh, unique food and creative, memorable presentations is our specialty.
With nearly four decades of experience, we pride ourselves on being caterers that provide innovative menus and striking arrangements that help make the ordinary, extraordinary. Our catering staff starts with the finest in meats, poultry, seafood, fresh fish, dairy and produce, but we provide more than just great food and beverage. Randy Peters Catering & Events offers unique, culinary creations and styling and our trademark Rivers of Food for both business and social occasions. Our exceptional service and attention to detail throughout the entire catering and event experience will exceed your expectations.