Responsible for all hot food item prepared in the kitchen. Prepares roux's, sauces, and side items. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen work station.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, and recipe policies and procedures.
- Sets up the line; this includes all hot food tables.
- Prepares recipes fresh daily.
- Proper understanding of all measurements.
- Follows proper cooling, cooking and reheating procedure on all products.
- Ensures all products are properly labeled and signed off by a manager.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station.
- Keeps line and expo stocked with proper product levels.
- Awareness of food cost and waste.
- Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, chop, simmer, blend, garnish, maintain holding temperature, or otherwise produce food in the hot prep station.
- Understands how to clean and breakdown ovens, stove, hoods, and prep areas.
- Communicates with line on call-backs.
- Take a proactive approach to prepping food. Does not wait until the line is completely out to make or heat an item.
- The ability to have fun at work.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
- Culinary background; vocational, college, high school desirable.
- The ability to read and follow a recipe.
- Sautee experience a plus.
- Attention to detail a must.
- The ability to multi-task.
- The ability to handle stress.
- Good organizational skills and time management.
- Ability to communicate in the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Typical restaurant environment