Building and Power Technician
Location: Rochester, NY
Union: CWA 1170/316
Number of Openings: 1
Internal posting: 6/6/22 to 6/21/22
- Minimum of five years of commercial HVAC and/or Electrical work experience
- Working knowledge of AC/DC electricity
- Universal Refrigerant License – EPA approved
- Strong verbal and mechanical/electrical problem solving skills.
- Must have a valid New York State driver's license, and any other license that may be required by law
- Willing to work overtime.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather, any time of day.
- Able to work aloft, underground, and in confined spaces
- Able to carry and handle a 75 lb. Ladder on uneven ground
- Able to stand/sit/kneel for extended periods of time
Desired Qualifications -- include but are not limited to:
- Experienced in operation, maintenance, and repair in one or both of the following:
- Electrical power distribution systems including rectifiers, inverters, converters, UPS, batteries, stand-by/portable generators, automatic transfer switches, and air dryer systems.
- HVAC, centrifugal chiller plants, cooling towers, low pressure steam boilers, and steam distribution systems, fire alarm, fire suppression systems, and pneumatic controls
- Manufacturer course certification on any of the equipment listed above
- College level coursework/Degree in HVAC and/or AC/DC theory
- 3rd Class stationary engineer license (also known as 3rd Class Operating Engineer’s License)
- Electricians License
- Refrigeration Services Engineers (RSES) Training
- OSHA certification(s)
- NFPA certification\
General Description of Duties (not intended to be all inclusive)
- Operates, maintains, and repairs electrical power distribution systems
- Operates, maintains, and repairs stand-by/portable generators
- Operates, maintains, and repairs air dryer systems
- Operates, maintains, and repairs HVAC, centrifugal chiller plants, cooling towers, low pressure steam boilers, and steam distribution systems
- Operates, maintains, and repairs Fire alarm, fire suppression systems, and pneumatic controls
- Works on computers and associated equipment
- Operates Company vehicle
- Performs such other duties as may be required by the job
Note: this is not a formal or negotiated job description, is not intended to be all inclusive, and may be changed at the Company’s discretion.