Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Charles Town, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
The Player Services Representative is responsible for the exchange of casino chips, coin, and tickets for cash and to make change for customers as needed. As well as issue Players Choice cards to guests and provide marketing related services. Additionally, be responsible for all duties of a Main, Chip, and Marker banker. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of Charles Town Races & Slots’ policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.Your daily responsibilities include:
- Distributes and collects keys, dispenses and collects chips with security and distributes payment of jackpots to slot attendants.
- Orders monies through exchange slips.
- Verifies exchanges from other windows and receipt transactions for various cashiers.
- Completes cash advances, cashes personal checks.
- Perform marker related transactions including front money deposits and withdrawals.
- Delivers exchanges to cashiers.
- Relays Players Choice card uses and benefits to each guest, as well as describes any and all current and upcoming promotions.
- Issues Players Choice cards to new and existing guests efficiently and accurately.
- Assists Players Choice members with redemption transactions.
- Conforms to all rules and regulations of CTR / SARC Compliance.
- Prepares and completes all job related paperwork which includes, but is not limited to, cash count sheets, cash transfers, and other value items.
- Ensures that contents of their drawer are organized so that the contents can be readily counted at shift change.
- Prepares and reconciles cash banks and sales for all outlets.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Ensures behavior and appearance are in compliance with established standards.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of all company information at all times.
- Maintains a professional work environment with supervisors and staff.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Practices, observes and enforces safety rules and regulations while looking out for the welfare of the customer.
- Participates in meetings and trainings as required.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by department and/or company management.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of six (6) months of previous cashier or money handling experience is preferred.
Must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral; the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees and ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts and perform mathematical functions applicable to business needs.
Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must obtain licensing with the West Virginia Lottery and Racing Commissions every year of employment.
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Champion of Red Carpet Customer Service and building positive team spirit. Previous customer service experience preferred. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekend hours and overtime as business needs dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees and others. Is regularly required to stand, walk and move through all areas of the casino, speak, hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally be required to sit. Occasionally climb heights and reach above shoulder level, continuously bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close and distance vision, color and depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must continuously lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds and lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in an environment where smoking is permitted and higher than normal noise levels.Something to leave you with:
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer