We are looking to fill a full time Plant Controller position with a manufacturer located in the area of Rogers, Arkansas.
This is the perfect opportunity to get in on the ground floor as this plant is new and will be in operation later this year.
Salary Range: $110k to $140k per year PLUS 10% bonus potential. Relocation assistance is available.
· BS degree in Accounting
· Cost Accounting Manager/Accounting Manager/Controller experience WITHIN MANUFACTURING is required to apply.
· +/- 10 years experience to include cost accounting, general ledger and operational analyses.
The Plant Controller is primarily responsible for working closely with the Director of Plant Operations to ensure operating efficiency and achievement of key performance indicators which drive plant performance and profitability. This role is a key business partner to our Director of Plant Operations and, as such, broad business acumen and operational experience is required. This individual is also responsible for the accuracy of the manufacturing facility’s financial statements and preparation of related reporting.
- Forecast manufacturing facility financial results monthly
- Lead annual budgeting process and related ongoing variance analysis
- Design and implement KPI dashboards; perform monthly variance analysis
- Prepare and lead monthly presentations of financial results to Corporate Management
- Prepare ROI analyses associated with material capital spending requests
- Design and implement internal controls and procedures related to inventory management and operational activities. Oversee and maintain the cycle counting program
- Work with plant leadership team to identify and drive opportunities that will fuel plant growth, efficiency, and profitability
- Work with managers in understanding, interpreting, and optimizing departmental P&Ls
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Lead corporate financial audits at the site level
- Lead end of year inventory and external auditor engagements
- Lead tax abatement efforts for capital projects
- Track and maintain tax deductible plant activities, for example R&D and plant trial activities.
- Interpret contracts and terms and conditions to reduce exposure and risk
- Other duties as assigned
- Completes safety system documentation and verifies compliance to program standards. Reports deviations to Supervisor.
- Participates in mandatory safety trainings and adheres to all safety policies
- Required to report all safety issues, near misses, and injuries
Quality & Food Safety:
- Completes quality & food safety system documentation and verifies compliance to program standards. Reports deviations to Supervisor.
- Participates in mandatory food safety and quality training program requirements
- Preserves the integrity of the GFSI system through adherence to the policies and procedures outlined.
- Takes actions necessary to resolve food safety and quality system deficiencies
- Required to report food safety and quality system failures and take actions necessary to preserve the GFSI system.
The Plant Controller will hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and have experience in a manufacturing environment and cost accounting. Ideally, this individual will have had 10 years of progressive experience with costing, general ledger and operational analyses.
In addition, candidates should have:
- Proven experience in driving process improvement
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent project management abilities, capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters
- Well-developed written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to coach and communicate with non-accounting professionals
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally
- Demonstrates positive attitude and takes a proactive approach
- Sees challenges as opportunities and translates them into actionable tasks
- Energized by fast-paced environment
- Great relationship management abilities
- MS Office and ERP system proficiency required
• Proven experience in driving process improvement • Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills • Excellent project management abilities, capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters • Well-developed written and oral presentation skills • Ability to coach and communicate with non-accounting professionals • Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally • Demonstrates positive attitude and takes a proactive approach • Sees challenges as opportunities and translates them into actionable tasks • Energized by fast-paced environment • Great relationship management abilities • MS Office and ERP system proficiency required