EMI is looking for a Pipefitter/Plumber whose primary responsibilities of this position include assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes, studies building plans and working drawings to aid in the completion of installation and repairs. Ensures that water supply networks, waste and drainage systems are installed, repaired and maintained in accordance with established building codes.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains, and may weld holding fixtures to steel structural members.
- May bend pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine, or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipe composed of metal, pvc, fiberglass and vitrified clay.
- Joins pipe by use of bolted flanges, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints.
- Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine if the system is leaking.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work.
- Experience in maintaining, repairing, installing and operating plumbing systems to include pipes, traps, plumbing fixtures, back flow prevention systems, water and drain lines, pressure vessels and control systems.
- Knowledge of building architectural/structural elements including; alterations and repairs.
- Inform the Utilities Supervisor of all pertinent problems, irregularities, and other important information within area of responsibility
- 3+ years experience in the plumbing trades
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent amounts of technical training and experience.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Certified journeyman preferred.
- Requires lifting and moving as much as 50 pounds with assistance as needed.
What We Do
EMI is an industry-leading provider of DOD base operation support services, facilities maintenance, logistics, and IT support. EMI consistently delivers cost-saving through best value innovations and quality service that exceeds our clients’ expectations.
What Sets Us Apart
The Right Partner: EMI has grown by gaining our customers’ trust and our employees’ loyalty. We’ve successfully performed over 60 service contracts, and we understand the unique challenges facing today’s military. We offer exceptional responsiveness and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. We demonstrate this commitment by consistently earning some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
The Right Team: The EMI team includes over 250 high-achieving professionals, administrative and trades personnel deployed in various locations throughout the United States. At times, we augment our in-house capabilities with proven and capable business partners.
The Right Approach: EMI brings vast expertise and proven solutions to augment our clients’ operations. We provide a platform that delivers seamless mission support and exceptional customer service in a very cost-effective and repeatable solution.
- Generous benefits package
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources