Requires a Bachelorâ€™s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Physical Security Sytsems Engineering Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) for its Protection Portfolio. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nationâ€™s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
In this position, you'll lead teams participating in requirements analysis and management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, system integration and test, government presentations and design reviews all the way through installation and project closeout. It's your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you're ready to lead a hard working and dedicated team!
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring and executing whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge and challenge your current skillset
- Customer and varied team interactions
What you bring to the table:
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles and theories
- Strong knowledge of network design and system integration efforts
- Highly proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgement and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Experience in team management and customer relations/interface
- Performing technical planning, cost and risk analysis
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- Provides leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Effectively leads teams to the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Ability to interact with project teams, managers and end users
What sets you apart:
- Exceptional communication skills with the capacity to get buy-in on concepts, ideas, issues, impacts and risks
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Aptitude to quickly grasp and apply new information
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to prioritize demands and customer directed changes
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
ABOUT GENERAL DYNAMICS IN PITTSFIELD, MA
Come work for General Dynamics Mission Systems in beautiful Berkshire County, located on the western edge of Massachusetts. The Berkshires are very family friendly with excellent schools. The housing market is very affordable compared to surrounding larger cities. General Dynamics provides exceptional salaries in Berkshire County which provides a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family.
The surrounding area is a cultural center for arts and theater, including established venues such as Tanglewood, Mass Museum of Contemporary Arts, The Clark Art Institute and the Norman Rockwell Museum, to name a few. Berkshire County is also a recreation hub with mountains for hiking or mountain biking, multiple lakes, ski areas, golf courses and even the Appalachian Trail. Being part of New England, western Massachusetts also boasts four distinct and enjoyable seasons, from the comfortable summer months to the colorful fall and pristine winters.
As a small city with surrounding rural towns, Pittsfield has a reasonable cost of living and relaxing short commutes without giving up modern life amenities. We are centrally located in the northeast, providing easy access to all of the attractions New England can offer. Boston and New York City are both less than a 3 hour drive away.
The Berkshires are Calling!