Position: Pharmacy Tech
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
Now offering sign-on bonuses up to $15k based on experience.
Under the supervision of a pharmacist, fills medication orders, pre-packages, compounds pharmaceuticals, refills stock supplies, delivers medication and performs various clerical duties as required.
High school diploma or GED plus specialized, short-term training in the areas of pharmacy law, practices standards, terminology, pharmacy math, drug preparation, dosage forms and trade/generic names. Pharmacy Technician National Certification through exam or transfer required. Active New Mexico Board of Pharmacy. pharmacy technician license required.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Pharmacy Tech-State of NM
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Planning and coordinating organizational change
* Anticipating & Addressing Customer Needs
* Educating Employees, Customers & Transferring Knowledge
* Functioning as an Effective Contingent Member
* Acquiring & Applying Superior Skills to achieve Quality Outcomes
* Functioning as an Effective Team Member
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
*Performs all non-sterile medication ordering, preparation and dispensing activities, including, but not limited to:
*Filling medication orders for inpatient and outpatient areas of the facility
*Use of pharmacy technology Pyxis, Pharmogistics, CII safe
*Non-sterile compounding, labeling and repackaging
*Non-sterile unit dose packaging
*Cart, tray and kit preparation
*Handling of non-sterile hazardous medications
*Proper waste or disposal
*Maintains required record keeping for controlled and non-controlled substances
*Delivers supplies to patient unit and ancillary areas.
*Answers telephone and responds to questions and problems.
*Checks stock on a regular basis to identify and reorder out dated stock and ensures that stock is maintained in accordance with manufacturer requirements.
*Responsible for adherence to the Department Compliance Plan for Controlled substances.
*Performs other functions as required or assigned.
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.