Pharmacist Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and dispense medication; interpreting physician orders correctly and in a timely manner.
- Provide clinical services through participating in drug utilization and evaluation.
- Provide consultation on prescription and non-prescription medications for dosage, storage, side effects and drug interactions
- Monitor patient medication compliance and drug utilization review
- Effectively communicate with physician and other healthcare practitioners
- Proper management of patient records and pharmacy files
- Work in conjunction with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
- Insure the department is operating within the applicable state and federal laws and regulations, as well as company policies and procedures
- Supervises and optimizes the workload of the pharmacy technicians
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree
- Graduate of an accredited college degree program in Pharmacy
- Completion of an ACPE accredited immunization training program (for example, APhA, Pharmacy School Curriculum, State Pharmacy Association sponsored) preferred.
- Alabama State License Required
- Maintain current State and Federal licenses
Source : American Family Care Corporate Office