The Patient Access Representative in Joslin's Beetham Eye Institute performs functions that enhance patient flow, patient access and increase revenue to the clinic.
In this role you will advise patients regarding insurance coverage and financial obligations, guide patient flow, complete registration and scheduling of patients in the automated registration /scheduling system, and collect payments.
Hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm (Monday-Friday).
- Reviews and updates patient registration/demographic information
- Verifies and scans insurance information at time of service to ensure appropriate and complete information has been obtained
- Obtain referral waiver forms when appropriate
- Collect co-payments and self-pay payments for miscellaneous Joslin services
- Acknowledges and guides patients arriving into the department
- Utilizes scheduling systems for many types of appointments
- Enters managed care referrals
- Provides general information to patients and visitors
- Provides primary back-up coverage to Medical Records clerk, Medical Office Coordinators and Surgical Coordinator for planned and unplanned absences
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a medical office setting, preferably Ophthalmology
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of personal computer and automated registration/scheduling systems
- Knowledge of insurance and collection of payments
- Demonstrated skill in customer service, team building and problem solving
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.