We're an award-winning dog walking service and we only ask the best of the best to join us. We have done over half a million dog walks since 2005 and we are widely recognized as the best service in Philadelphia because we have awesome employees! When we bring on new employees, they can be assured that we've been around the block before and we have a system that works for our employees and clients.
We're looking for a part-time employee to complete 5-6 walks per weekday (between 11AM-3PM). Many of the walkers in Philly are hired as â€œindependent contractorsâ€ by national technology corporations trying to cash in on the "gig economy." Not with us! When joining our crew you become a valued employee (with job security, consistent weekday hours, Paid Time Off, workers comp coverage, etc) for a family-owned business.
NOTE: We are also hiring for a full-time position so if you would prefer longer hours, just let us know. (Our full time walkers are in the field between 10AM - 5PM and do between 9-11 walks per day.)
We are hiring a walker to service the neighborhoods of Rittenhouse, Graduate Hospital, Point Breeze and Fitler Square.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be able to work Monday-Friday 11AM-3PM.
- Employees must be able to handle the active nature of dog walking. This includes 3-4 hours of walking and getting to and from various client's homes.
- Access to reliable transportation. (Bike, motorcycle, scooter or car.) We have a tight service area, but Minders can expect a 2-5 minute commute between each home/walk.
- Optional overnight pet sitting services are available as well. Overnights pay $100 for a sleepover (8PM-8AM) at our client's homes! Our Minders love overnight staycations.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing paid training and paid monthly staff meetings. (We have optional Happy Hours & Book Clubs for our employees who want to get social too.)
- Be able to commit at least one year to this job. We are not looking for seasonal employees. Our clients love building relationships with our crew and so do we!
Qualifications and Skills
- Urban dog handling experience. Needless to say, weâ€™re looking for dog fanatics.
- Stellar writing and verbal skills for communication with our clients. Let your writing skills shine on your application.
- The ability to work independently and maintain a field-based schedule. (Our app helps with that! Our comprehensive app lets employees know their schedule weeks in advance and lists all the information they need about their daily dogs and visits.)
- Employees must be vaccinated for Covid-19. Some of our clients are immunocompromised and we are entering their homes. Our vaccination mandate is FIRM.
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for all of our employees. Go on a paid vacation! (Yes, even part-time employees get PTO.)
- Generous pay and direct deposit.
- Fun seasonal (optional) staff activities: bookclub, bonfires, pizza parties, happy hours.
- Hired as an employee, not an Independent Contractor. We offer job stability and support. Our employees are a valued part of our business, not just contractors we hire to get walks done. Employees can expect ongoing training, consistent hours/wages, and optional employee social events.
- Consistent Scheduling: Employeesâ€™ schedules are set up on an ongoing basis (not ad hoc) during the weekdays. There is no need to scramble to find walks on an app or have a walk cancel at the last minute. (Paycheck integrity is important to us.) There is a better way to walk dogs.
- DOGS ALL DAY! (Well, at least between 11AM-3PM for our part-timers.)
Powered by JazzHR