Part Time Assistant Manager Job Profile
The Part Time Assistant Store Manager plans and directs the day-to-day operations of the store, inspiring the store team as well as guests, providing a top notch customer experience with every
transaction. Develops strategies to improve the customer experience, drive store sales, and
Increase profitability. Utilize networking skills to grow the customer base. Maintain high store standards and conditions and foster a positive and unified environment.
Ensure customer needs are met, complaints are resolved and service is quick and efficient. Lead by example and coach teammates to our ‘Perfect Sale’ sales model. Ensure all products and
displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability. Forecast staffing needs and develop a recruiting strategy to provide an optimal succession plan.Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Strive for excellence, always meeting and exceeding store objectives as it relates to Performance, Productivity, Efficiency, and Quality standards.
- Maintain personal sales, consistently achieving sales and key performance indicator goals.
- Advises guests on occasions ranging from every day (birthdays, thank you, and recognition) to milestone (weddings, anniversaries, retirement).
- Inspires guests to create memory-making messages on our personalized product and demonstrates a keen knowledge of all our products and services.
- Maintains VIP customer list and follows up on guest’s gift giving experiences
- Drive Customer engagement inside and outside of the store environment ranging from store events & promotions to community projects.
- Maintain an accurate inventory and communicates any inventory needs to your field supervisor.
- Ensure all sales and engraving training of store teammates is 100% completed within an appropriate timeframe. Communicate any additional training needs or follow-up to field supervisor.
- Maintain store-merchandising guidelines to maintain the integrity of our visual stagey and concept. Ability to flex and improvise merchandising to stores inventory levels by season.
- Provide and nourish feedback to team that will continuously improve and reinforce a sales performance organization.
- Maintain all safety and security standards, identifying and communicating potential issues to field supervisor.
- Be Passionate: Love what you do, contribute your ideas, take initiative, knowing that our customers feel this through everything we do.
- Be Great at Your Job: Demonstrate the specific areas of technical excellence appropriate to your level and role, contribute relevant developments from your field to keep us cutting edge, share knowledge, and teach others.
- Be Entrepreneurial and Accountable: Demonstrate ownership of your 4 walls, continually improving how we work and what we offer. Follow-through on deliverables, proactively managing expectations. Hold yourself and others to a high standard. Minimize bureaucracy and respond effectively to change, challenges and the pace of our business. Take ownership for our success while recognizing other teammate’s contributions.
- Do the Right Work: Plan your tasks to meet your deliverables and utilize time management skills so you can succeed. Understand how your work influences the business, think strategically to solve the right problems, proactively raise questions and issues that need attention, prioritize the most important work to help us achieve our goals.
- Be a Team Player: Pitch in when needed, listen to others' concerns, identifying dependencies within and across teams. Be aware of your impact and keep others informed. Collaborate effectively to ensure collective success in the spirit of unity.
- Learn and Grow: Stretch and challenge yourself to keep learning, ask for help, apply feedback and look for where you can improve. Keep developing in your role in partnership with your field supervisor, continually increasing your contribution to results.
- Let’s Not Take Ourselves Too Seriously: Work hard, but keep it fun and light-hearted, no ego, make this a great place for each other. Be yourself and inspire others' best by being your store’s biggest cheerleader, help us not take ourselves too seriously by having a positive and constructive attitude.
Communication in Leadership:
- Able to demonstrate successful selling techniques such as up-selling with the ability to articulate product and engraving information to enhance salesmanship and reach store and individual sales goals
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and articulate manner
- Ability to listen, read, accurately transcribe and verify customer message specifications onto engraved merchandise
- Demonstrate the ability to hold teams accountable and confront the tough issues
- Ability to plan, execute, and document coaching of teammates on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Reinforce good selling behaviors and customer service through positive recognition.
- Ability to differentiate goals vs. expectations.
- Effective leadership through active participation in any project team(s) she/he is assigned to in the district/area
- Manage sensitive matters and maintain a high degree of confidentiality through partnership with field supervisor/human resources
Strategic Planning and Execution
- PT ASM scope of responsibility is approximately 3-10 Teammates.
- As a part time Assistant Manager, hours will flex with the need of the business. Most weeks throughout the year will average 20 to 30 hours but may flex higher during peak selling weeks or lower during non-occasion months.
- Responsible for achieving sales and other store financial goals. Must analyze and understand financial goals and reports, tracking both individual/team and store results
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training sales staff according to company guidelines.
- Responsible for coordinating sales promotions and merchandise displays, which includes stock merchandise, and processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments in a timely matter
- Proficient in knowledge and execution of store operations: engraving; performance of all register transactions; and equipment maintenance
- Plan and prepare work schedules; managing to required payroll hours; and work single coverage in the store
- Accountable to balance cash daily, create nightly bank deposits and ensure Teammates are in compliance
- Maintain accurate inventory results throughout the year by analyzing weekly shipment reports and merchandise transfers
- Responsible to ensure the security of the store and offsite storage locations including locks, shipments and cash,
- Builds and maintains a VIP customer list through clienteling/HERO program
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of retail management experience in a mall-based environment
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions
The noise level in the work area typically remains at a low level but may vary to moderate depending upon the level of GUEST interactions and seasonal demand.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Average hearing is required for interacting with Teammates and customers.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work required of the Store Manager position as well as the essential functions of the job to be performed by teammates in this position, all of which are subject to change by the Company at any time without notice.