LIVING OUR VALUES
Inclusivity: rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome.
Integrity: We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standard high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game.
Collaboration: Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together.
Curiosity: We don’t ask why, we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible.
Community: Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates and partners. We care, we connect, we listen and we deliver.
Know Your Role
Put “u” in rue and work where you love to shop! As the face of the company, put your unique sense of style and passion to work repping rue21. Your love of pop culture and fashion, combined with your leadership skills and consistent communication, make the perfect combo to be a rockstar Assistant Manager. As the Store Manager’s go-to sidekick, you are always reliable and make meaningful decisions on the fly. Have fun at work by leading your team and teaching them to provide customers with a top-notch shopping experience (and making them feel like they’re getting the V.I.P. treatment.)
What You’ll Do
A Day in the Life
· Run your salesfloor like a buzzworthy bash by having brief but memorable interactions with all customers and Sales Associates. Make sure it lives up to the hype by working the whole room and sharing your vibe, so customers leave to tell their friends about this legendary event.
· Treat the business like it’s your own by knowing the deets. Consistently keep up with the stats to see how your team can improve the customers journey by building their basket.
· What would you do without your crew? Teaching and challenging your energetic and stylish team never ends. You motivate and inspire them to push their own limits by giving them honest but kind feedback.
· Hot new trends never stop flowing through our doors. Keep your store lookin’ fresh by updating product displays and utilizing sales results to influence your next move.
· Support your Store Manager by keeping your 4 walls in-check and maintaining your shop while looking out for safety issues to keep your team and customers safe. Follow all policies and maintain salesfloor awareness to prevent product loss. Lead by example with a high level of integrity.
· The best leaders are team players and are ready and willing to help other members of the crew when they need a hand.
· Must be at least 18 years old to join our crew. Prior leadership skills preferred. Retail experience is not a must but is a total win. Flexible availability preferred. The Part Time Assistant Manager’s scheduled hours vary by location and business needs.
· Get in some extra steps by walking and standing for up to 8 hours while helping our awesome customers find the perfect ‘fits for every occasion.
· Carry and lift boxes up to 40lbs filled with our trendy merchandise. Climb and balance on ladders to reach our top of the chart product. Kneel, squat, and reach above the shoulders to snag our hot pieces.
Reasons to rue
· Paid time off & paid holidays
· Monthly bonus potential
· Express individuality and embrace diversity
· Performance based advancement is supported & encouraged
· 40% discount in-store and online
· Casual dress code
· Fun, fast-paced work environment
· Easy request-off & view schedules from home via a convenient app
· Perks at work (discounts on electronics, movie tickets, travel, etc)
· Employee assistance programAdditional Information