Dr. Tavel Family Eyecare has been family owned and operated since 1940. We provide Indiana families with an extensive array of high quality, yet affordable eyecare products and services. At Dr. Tavel we pride ourselves on being one of Indiana’s largest eyecare providers and we accept hundreds of insurance plans at all 21 of our locations throughout the state. We believe in providing a transformational eyecare experience to every patient, every time.
We are looking for energetic, adaptable, and professional individuals for our Bloomington, Indiana location. As an Optician, you are integral to the success of the office by providing courteous and professional service, effectively communicating with patients and staff, and ensuring a quality patient experience.
Our staff believe Dr. Tavel Family Eyecare is great place to work because we provide the tools to grow and achieve success. All Opticians are trained to become future managers through our online and in store training programs that are second to none.
Be a part of our growing family, be a part of our vision!
Our Opticians have the following responsibilities:
- Greet patients as they come into the office
- Check-in and Check-out patient appointments
- Run insurance eligibility
- Help patients select the most fashionable eyewear for their prescription
- Make recomendations for lens and lens features that best benefit the patient
- Complete online and in store training to achieve promotion and advancement
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Optical experience is preferred
- Reliable transportation to and from work
All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check and Drug Screening. Dr. Tavel is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer .