Cavalier Logistics was established in 1984 as a private, veteran-owned small business. We are a premier provider of global transportation, warehousing and logistics services with headquarters in Virginia, multiple offices throughout the United States and an international office in London.
Cavalier Logistics is seeking a full-time Operations Supervisor to join our team in Elk Grove, IL office, near Chicago. The ideal candidate will supervise and oversee operations ensuring that all functions are performed in a timely, cost-effective manner consistent with established operations procedures and requirements. The candidate should have a proven record of successfully managing multiple departments within the logistics industry. Excellent customer service and leadership skills are a must.
Cavalier is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Works with Station Manager to develop, implement and maintain processes, procedures and programs to improve the safety, productivity and profitability of the operation.
- Plans, organizes, and directs department activities to meet or exceed established goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Develops and implements processes that increase productivity.
- Coordinates with department managers to resolve all operational customer complaints.
- Implements and maintains federal, state and local regulatory compliance. Must have a very good understanding of transportation/logistics industry regulations (TSA, DOT, FMC, Dangerous Goods, etc.).
- Coordinates with department managers to address organizational needs and equipment utilization, maintenance, and calibration.
- Provides leadership, communication and coaching to employees
- Prepares required reports and correspondence.
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement and corresponds with headquarters on quality assurance matters.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the departments, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Adheres to and enforces all safe work practices, ensuring the warehouse is compliant with OSHA and other pertinent standards/regulations.
- Assists Station Manager with hiring process, directing work, performance appraisals, disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Manages and maintains relationships with vendors and overseas agents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Station Manager.
- Established record of management/supervisory work.
- Availability to work full-time, including some weekends.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and people management skills.
- Excellent organization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking and solutions-oriented skills.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Minimum high school graduate or GED, bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- 4-6 years of management/supervisory experience in supply chain, logistics.
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive Compensation – Depends on Experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player -apply for this great position today by visiting -
No phone calls or emails, please.
Resumes and Applications are accepted through the Cavalier Careers page only.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
• Competitive Compensation – Depends on Experience