At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
What you will be doing
We are seeking an engineer to add to the Automation team to serve as the subject matter expert for the Radio Frequency (RF) team to bring automation to all RF-related processes. The successful candidate will join a team of passionate engineers to bring automation and test ML/AI-based network solutions. He or she has a deep knowledge in KPI definitions, network metrics, scorecard, and network acceptance protocols.
The Automation team will own the toolset selection and implementation in order to bring efficiency, create dashboards and automate different areas: design, optimization, performance reporting, drive testing and crowdsource data. In this role, you will:
- Manage tools portfolio to support the network rollout and optimization;
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define KPIs and elaborate scorecards and dashboards;
- Automate data processing;
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology and technical areas;
- Lead, follow and effectively collaborate with knowledgeable network, architecture peers and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) business partners.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Skills and experience
Ideal Automation candidates have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical discipline (computer science or electrical engineering degree preferred);
- 7-10 years of experience working within the wireless industry, specifically with delegations and standards (PHD Fellowships or similar programs will count towards the years of experienced required);
- Expert knowledge of industry technical standards (including but not limited to 3GPP 5G, FCC, GSMA eSIM, 5GAA);
- Solid knowledge of the 3GPP RF, L2/L3 (including MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC etc) or non-access stratum and the related features up to 3GPP Release 16;
- Ability to translate 3GPP specifications, worldwide spectrum and telecommunications regulations into the device certification process;
- Experience with startup environments, big data and network analytics.
Compensation: $100,100.00/Year - $143,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.